Don’t wait and do the switch to DigitalOcean now!
I explain you why:
A week ago I switched from GoDaddy to DigitalOcean and the pros are huge. Details:
- It’s faster. My site loading time decrease from 18 seconds to load to 3 seconds.
- The server is up 99.99% of the time, while GoDaddy was 50% or even less.
- The possibility to manage and control all the resources you need for your projects. Add Node, PostgreSQL, Ngix, CentOS, whatever you want.
- Able to resize your hosting plan whenever you want to whatever you want. It allows you to scale resources on demand.
- Clear methods of payment and clear bills. GoDaddy makes this process hard and confuse, they try to sell you a variety of products as add-ons that are not understandable for some people, like me.
- You can notice that DigitalOcena is focused on the developer and how to leverage their workload, instead, GoDaddy looks like a shop online.
- DigitalOcean help and feedback process is very easy to use.
- DigitalOcean interface is clearer than GoDaddys. It’s amazing how complex is their service and how easy they did it for us to manage.
- There’s no queue time to the jobs you request on your Droplets.
- You have your server absolutely at your disposal.
To be honest, the only cons I can see on this is the user itself. It’s true that you need previous knowledge to manage your server properly, and it’s not an easy task for beginners. The majority of the time you’ll be in front of the terminal, code and confs, but that is our job, isn’t it?
If you’re sure you want to switch, do it clicking on this link:
You’ll do a favor to me and to you because DigitalOcean has a promotion at this time that you’ll receive 10 dollars as a referred person for free and I’ll receive 25. It’s a win-win!
And if you’re not sure yet, I offer myself to help you to fix your doubts or issues (if this doesn’t mean I’ll do it for you!) about their services and how to config your server, but the condition is that you sing up using the link above. 🙂
Thank you very much and I hope this helps.